Friday, June 6, 2014

The Last Days of School!



It is always with mixed emotions that I say good-bye to the students at the end of a school year.  While I do look forward to the changes that a summer brings, I have grown so fond of the students and this year's Calvert community that it is hard to let go.  In my position as School Counselor, I am lucky to work with the entire Lower School, and therefore get to know each student and measure his and her growth through physical, social, and emotional changes (as well as academic)!  What a delightful range of students in our midst, and I wish all families well over the three months ahead.  Summer is a chance to refresh and regroup, but it is important to keep a schedule and to uphold family standards.  Kids thrive on consistent expectations and rules, and even in a more relaxed setting will feel the comfort of knowing the limits and roles within the family.  Here are a few glimpses of the last few days of school:






No comments:

Post a Comment