Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Character Lessons Focus on Compassion


Did you know that Compassion is Contagious?
Let's Spread it around Calvert and the Community

I have been talking to students in all classes about Compassion.  We have discussed what it means to them, and how contagious it is!  Here are some examples of what they have said:

Tenth Age:
I help people if they are hurt
I give a little kid a big hug at lunch if she looks sad
I help friends when they are worried
I stand up for others
I try to be a leader, but not a bossy one
When I am nice to others, they are nice to me

All Tenth Age classes decorated their bulletin board with Compassion statements:

 






8-A gave "gifts of compassion" by filling out gift cards.  Here are a few of their "gifts:"

Play with someone you don't know
Be caring and nice when people are sad
Be nice to your brother or sister





And,  7-A decorated stars that are spreading Compassion around the community!

 
Upcoming school events offer concrete ways for children to put compassion into action.  Our Fresh Food Drive is the week of October 14-18, our Family Day of Service is Saturday, October 19, and Race for the Cure is Sunday, October 20. 


No comments:

Post a Comment